What doesn’t taste great fried. These are as easy to do as zucchini fritters, but with more flavor and healthier.
Recipe type: Side Dish or Snack
Serves: 8 fritters
- 2 Kohlrabi, softball size, green or purple
- 4 - 5 Scallions
- ½ Cup all purpose flour
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- 2 Sprigs of parsley or dill
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Olive oil for frying
- 1 Lemon
- Remove the stems from the kohlrabi.
- Coarsely grate the kohlrabi. A food processor with a grater blade is the quickest way to do this. You should wind up with about 3 cups.
- Wrap the shredded kohlrabi in a dish towel and twist hard, to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Then transfer it to a colander and allow the whatever water is left to drain.
- Thinly slice the scallions, including the green stems.
- Coarsely chop the herbs.
- Move the vegetables to a large mixing bowl and add the flour and eggs.
- Mix until blended.
- Heat a thin layer of olive oil on medium heat.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of kohlrabi mix and add to the pan.
- Allow to brown, about 1 - 2 minutes.
- Flip and brown the other side.
- Drain on paper towels and allow to cool slightly.
- Squirt lightly with lemon juice.
- Serve with yogurt or an avocado yogurt dip.
- If straight kohlrabi is too much for you, you can substitute a ¼ cup of shredded carrots or zucchini for ¼ cup of the kohlrabi, to sweeten things up.